Tuesday, May 3, 2011

And the Winner Is...

SOUL DADDY!



On Sunday night, Jamawn Woods was announced the winner of America's Next Great Restaurant.  Soul Daddy was open for business at the Mall of America the next morning and you better believe I was there to check it out.

First of all, since it was the opening day I expected a long line and wait, which couldn't be further from the truth.  Although I didn't get there until 2:30 pm, there was no line and only a few people eating in the restaurant.  After struggling my way through the service line (there were so many things that I wanted to try), I was ready to chow down - and believe me, I was pumped.

To my dismay, the food was nothing special.  I tried the pulled pork sandwich with cheesy grits and black-eyed pea salad and it was good, but nothing spectacular.  I couldn't even finish half of the meal, it was just too much.  My guess is that my expectations were just too high.

I'll be back someday to try something else from the menu, but I sure wish there was some fried chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment